Thursday, November 22, 2018

A Prayer by St. John of Kronstadt

A Prayer by St. John of Kronstadt 

The human soul is a free power, for it can become either a power for good, or evil, according to the direction which you yourself give it. 

Lord, Almighty Power! strengthen mine infirm soul in every virtue! Establish my heart, weak for everything good, upon the immovable rock of Thy commandments! 

Lord, I daily recognise, through experience, that without Thee I myself am nothing, that without Thee I can do no good; without Thee evil in its various forms is alone within me; without Thee I am the son of perdition. 

O unspeakably Good one, fill my heart with all Thy goodness! But above all, I pray Thee, grant that I may love Thee with all my heart and my neighbour as myself. 

Grant that I may be neither malicious, proud, presumptuous, nor disobedient, but grant that I may be gentle humble, tenderly respectful, and obedient. Amen

From " Life in Christ" - Page 213
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What a wonderful prayer to recollect who we are and pray Lord lead me and others as He will to it!

November 22, 2018
Calgary, Canada

No comments: